I have been looking forward to sharing with you all on the progress of my second month as a legal business owner. It was an extremely busy month getting everything set up and I am finally at the stage where the real progress can begin. So what happened over the last month in terms of progress?
Last month when I updated you all on my business journey for month 1 I was focusing on a few core things that needed to be done such as opening a business checking account & credit card. Both of which have been completed so a number of things followed after that. Here is a list & the costs that were associated with them.
- Opened a basic business checking account – Cost: Free
- Opened a Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit card – Cost: Free
- Open an Amazon Business Seller Central account – Cost: $39.99 a month
- Got a business logo created using Fiverr – Cost: $29.70
- Got a trademark application submitted through LegalZoom: Cost $474
- Purchased a website & hosting through Godaddy – Cost: $22.70
- Purchase a GS1 Barcode for my product – Cost: $250 ($50 annually)
- Purchased a 1-800 business phone number from phone.com – Cost: : $163.10 ($137 annually)
- Ordered business cards off of vistaprint – Cost $31
I am finally at the stage where I have all the pieces of the puzzle and now I need to put them together and focus on my product. So what does September look like in terms of getting things done?
Well I am currently working with a graphic designer that I found through Upwork. I am paying him a flat fee of $100 to do the labeling of my product. Once that is completed I will send it to my supplier in Thailand and I can start orders some samples of my first product. Once I receive the samples I can then get some professional photos done of the product which I will be able to use on the website. This month will be busy when it comes to operations as I will need to finish designing the website and getting my first samples ready.
I look forward to sharing with you all next month on the progress and until then have a great day!